Broken Bolt Removal Services (Metal disintegration)
This unit allows for greater efficiency and safety than does conventional drilling. Bolts that are hardened or more difficult to remove can be removed with ease.
For more information, please call OPI at 281-635-2890 or use the Contact button below.
- This machine is able to disintegrate continuously (designed to run at 100% duty cycle)
- Allows operator complete control at each point of cut
- Includes a secondary portable cooling system
- Rugged, all angle super structure and lockable storage unit for interlocking cables
- Our OPI Technicians are fully insured for on-site work
- OPI's Technicians are available to meet your needs 24 hours a day/365 days a year
- All of our OPI Technicians have completed the IADC HSE Rig Course
Success in the Oil and Gas Industry is measured by performance, production, and minimum downtime. This unit allows for these goals to be implemented to their fullest extent.
OPI employs a state-of-the-art portable unit to disintegrate broken bolts and studs on site. OPI can break apart any type of metal stud, bolt, or pin in a safe and efficient way, allowing the hole to stay intact while leaving the rest of the part to be reclaimed. Up to 4" bolts can be disintegrated in less then three (3) hours!
The functionality of the Metal Disintegration Unit follows a very simple and efficient process that allows for safe removal in a very small time frame. This machine uses various mediums, depending on the type of burn that is required (aluminum, copper, or graphite) and uses a combination of high voltage and low energy, which transfers into a thermal producing source.
The electrode touches the source at a vibration of 3,600 times per minute. A continuous supply of fresh water is pushed through the electrode, allowing for the metal to break down while also flushing out the thermally shocked metal back out the discharge hole. The discharged pieces end up being smaller than a grain of sand (or 10 microns). A very important feature of the unit is that it allows for the heat to be localized to the discharged piece. This can occur because the water acts as a heat exchange, allowing for everything except what is being removed to maintain an ambient temperature.